Wednesday 7 January 2015

Giorgos Ch. Theocharis

                                                 Johannes Vermeer, The Art of Painting, 1667

With abundant modesty

Sometimes even poets 
are unable to write.

That happens when I think of you.

I find no words to tell you beside those that compose you.

If I omit one I do you wrong.
If I add one harmony changes.

I break my pencil and I look at you.
In ecstasy and in love. 

In front of you I feel no poet.

More of a framemaker
I look
in front of an exquisite painting.

Giorgos Ch. Theocharis



- Με περισσή σεμνότητα -

Καμιά φορά κι οι ποιητές
αδυνατούν να γράψουν.

Έτσι συμβαίνει όταν σε σκέπτομαι.

Λέξεις δε βρίσκω να σου πω
πέρ' απ' αυτές που σε συνθέτουν.

Αν παραλείψω μια θα σ’ αδικήσω.
Αν θα προσθέσω μια θ' αλλάξει η αρμονία.

Σπάζω το μολύβι μου και σε κοιτώ.

Εκστατικός κι ερωτευμένος.

Απέναντί σου δε νιώθω ποιητής.

Μάλλον σαν κορνιζοποιός
μπροστά σ' εξαίσιο πίνακα
μοιάζω.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment